From 1998-2001, the V70 used the Ate/Teves Mark20 controller. From 2002 on, the
Mark25e was used. The removal procedure is the same for both.
1) Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2) Remove the air cleaner (ACL) housing.
3) Remove the integrated relay/fusebox.
4) Disconnect the connector from the ABS unit by pressing the catch and pulling upward.
Pull the connector up a maximum of 90 degree (any more and the connector will break).
5) Disconnect the pump motor connector (on the Mark20 only).
6) Remove the 4 torx screws (3 on the Mark25e) using a 6mm torx driver.
7) Carefully pull the control module down so that the terminal pin on the control module
comes loose inside the ABS modulator. Continue pulling the control module down towards the brake
lines and lift it out.